"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Daily Shoot- Communication (and weekend stuff)

Happy Saturday, guys! Hope you all have lovely weekend plans. I've got the house to myself for a bit this afternoon and I had glorious plans of hanging clean laundry out on the line and absorbing some beautiful sunshine. And then the spiders spoiled my plans. They are EVERYWHERE! Their webs are all along the back of the house and in the bushes and hedges out front. And there are loads of little webs all over the line outside, and I'm not about to clean it off, so the laundry went into the dryer.
Instead of soaking up sunshine, I decided to do today's Daily Shoot assignment.
October 1, 2011 (Day 685) Assignment:
Make a photograph that illustrates an aspect of communication.

Here's my homework...


I had a bit of fun editing this one with some basic software. If you love me you can buy me Photoshop :D I played with the saturation and contrast a bit and gave the photo a cool feel. Anyways, I figured everybody who posted for this assignment would be uploading photos of cell phones, Skype, and laptops and emails. I wanted to take it back a notch and focus on the original form of communication over the miles. No, not smoke signals, I don't have that kind of stuff lying around the house! But what I do have is a lot of handwritten correspondence. August and September were pretty busy months for cards- my birthday, the wedding, and Mick's birthday. The house is full of colorful envelopes with interesting stamps with Queen Elizabeth, Ronald Reagan, Liberty Bell, as well as some sort of bird?
Remember life before email and text messaging? It was always so much fun to find a brightly colored envelope with your name on it in the mailbox! Whether it was a card, a letter, or a gift, it was always so exciting, wasn't it?

In other news, today is supposed to be the warmest day in October in England, like, ever.

 Mick and I have the house to ourselves tonight. We're doing a pizza and movie night with lots of cuddles. Tomorrow we're going to get my visa paperwork started.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment