"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Thursday, October 13, 2011

Why this fits


Things I love about being here:
-Waking up next to my husband and not having to worry who is going to fly where next, how we'll afford it, or if I can handle the distance.
-Sleeping with the window open and feeling the cool air flutter through the curtains and hit my face. I don't think I ever slept with the window open in Arizona. Even once.
-Being within a couple hours of one of the most famous and historic cities in the world. London is an amazing place, and so so so many interesting and significant things took place there. We haven't gone up there in a while, but I'm hoping we'll be going soon. And even when we don't go there often, almost every little town, city or village here has something worth seeing- like the other day when we were in Chichester and went to the cathedral.
-Public transportation. I hate having to use it, because bus drivers are stupid and don't wait until you're in your seat to start driving again, and so you're launched forwards. I can't tell you how many times I've nearly taken out an old lady with my handbag because I go flyyyying. But, it is nice to have it since we currently don't drive. Soon though!
-Real autumn. There are ACTUAL trees here, which means they change color.
-High Streets. High Streets are pretty cool because they're generally right in the center of town and you get all the mall type stores, right in the same area, within walking distance. Kind of like a Main Street, but with useful stores.
-Fish & Chips. Like, real ones that aren't from Jack in the Box and don't come with tartar sauce because salt and vinegar is how it's done, son!
-Reasonable phone prices. I'm getting the new iPhone 4S tomorrow and it's only going to cost me £35 a month. In America the iPhone 3GS cost me $108 a month. Even when you allow for currency conversion, I'm saving, like, at least $30.
-National Healthcare. I know this is a hot topic everywhere, but at the end of the day, I like knowing that even though I don't have a job or private insurance, if something happens to me, I'll at least get basic care and treatment and I won't be paying for it for the rest of my life.

That's all I got for now. That's not all I love about it here, but all I can think of at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment