"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Daily Shoot- Technology

Wow- two posts in one day! I'm not sure that's EVER happened here! But since I took a bit of a sick day yesterday, I thought I really had to do today's assignment for the Daily Shoot.

October 5, 2011 (Day 689) Assignment:
Make a photograph that illustrates technology today





As you can see, it's a very gloomy day in West Sussex. The sun disappeared early this morning, the wind is blowing and it's feeling like autumn, for sure. And here we have it- a telephone pole. I imagine that the Victorians in England, those proper, overly moral people were very shocked when these things started going up (I'm only guessing it was the late 1800's when these bad boys started going up). But can you imagine how different that would be? To see these things going up all over the place? And not just the visual change, but the change in life, the beginning of the industrial and technological age. What a change!


No comments:

Post a Comment