"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, October 2, 2011

Daily Shoot- Equinox? (not really)

I'm a little bit confused by today's Daily Shoot assignment.

October 2, 2011 (Day 686) Assignment:
It's the solstice. Make a photo that captures the day for you wherever you are.



I'm confused by this because I'm about 99% sure that the autumnal equinox was last week? It's always September 23rd, isn't it? And I'm not even sure that there is a solstice this time of year?
Anyway, the last thing it feels like around here is autumn. About 80F again today. As we walked along the beach, I couldn't believe the amount of people that were there day camping, BBQing, paddling around in inflatable boats, and watching their children splash around in the shallows. The water was really calm, with only a few tiny waves. It was so quiet and still, apart from all the people. It feels like July out there.
However, it is in fact autumn and one of my very favorite holidays is only 29 days away. Halloween! While Mick was mowing the lawn today, I wandered around the garden snapping photos for the assignment. I love how creepy this brick wall looks with the vines that seem to have died while creeping up the bricks. Feels very Halloween-y doesn't it?

Mick and I filled out the forms for my visa application today. We're basically done, we just have to call the border agency tomorrow and clear up a few questions then we can send it off, wait to hear about when my biometrics appointment will be, and then we're done with this step and I can work soon (hopefully)!

What have you done with your Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment