"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Just some thoughts


Sorry I missed on yesterday's photo assignment and failed to blog. I was feeling pretty under the weather yesterday but by bed time felt like myself again. I plan to do a photo post later in the day, but for now I just want to share a couple things I've been thinking about lately.

The other night, I ordered a pizza for Mick and myself. I used my credit card with my maiden name, so the pizza was delivered to Aindrea Muldoon, not White. I can only imagine the confusion of the pizza delivery guy when he arrived at the house with a pizza for a person with a very Irish name, and someone with a very American accent answered the door, in an area of England with a large Polish demographic.
The world is such a melting pot, isn't it? This little thought made me smile.

Something else I've been thinking about... do you ever have those moments spent with someone very dear to you... you might be a bit annoyed with them or just feeling grouchy in general. But then,you notice a certain word, or look, or movement of their body so characteristic to them. You watch, observe, and take this in without their knowledge, and suddenly the essence of that person, why you love them, why they mean what they do is in that moment so completely evident, and you can't help but feel bad for being a bit annoyed in the first place. Does that make any sense? Do you know what I'm talking about?

Last week I was a bit of a grouch, and just short in general, especially with Mick. He hadn't done anything wrong, I was just feeling really down and homesick. And then we were in the garden, trying to outsmart the rabbits and get them out of the run and he just did something, I'm not even sure what. A certain movement, a look on his face, and I was just smacked in the face with all the reasons why I love this sweet guy so much.


And here's one of those reasons, right here in this picture. This is from last Christmas day. Let's just get one thing very straight- women are silly creatures, and we sometimes want to do things without much rhyme or reason. Well, I'm clearly a woman, and so I'm not immune to such whimsy. And Mick is just so great with that 99% of the time. Even if it does mean freezing his bum off in the snow because his desert rat of a (then) girlfriend who hasn't really ever seen it wants to throw snowballs and make snowmen.
And then, when the snow is nothing but melted and refrozen as ice... it takes a true man not to get angry when the outing becomes snow wrestling.

No comments:

Post a Comment