"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Working Girl



Good news! I got myself a job :D Sunday midday I got a call from the local pub, where I dropped off my resume earlier in the week. The manager asked if she could interview me. I went yesterday, and felt that it went really well. Then this afternoon she called back to offer me a full time position as bar staff. It's 35 hours a week, a mixture of nights, days, weekdays and weekends. It's close- just a few minute walk. The pay is respectable, plus I'll get 5 weeks of vacation a year. Yes, Europe is way more laid back about giving employees time off. Americans get the shaft. Annnyways, I've spent a good amount of time working in restaurants, which I always enjoyed, so I'm really pleased! It's also such a relief to find full time work so quickly- not going to lie, I was pretty worried.
I think it's pretty fun that I've moved away to England and have managed to land a very English job- pulling pints and wiping down the bar, serving food, etc. I'm really looking forward to it. I start this Thursday. Wish me luck!

I'm so happy that everything about moving here has gone so smoothly. Both visas and the national insurance number were all obtained easily and with no hassle. And now a job so quickly. I'm so thankful that things are settling into place. God is good! I hope this trend continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment