"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, November 13, 2011

Great weekends make the world go round

Another quiet week, but followed this time by a great weekend! Friday night we met with some friends, Paul and Danielle, and had dinner at their house followed by games and soaked with wine. So much wine.
It was a great night, and even though when I entered their home, I'd only met them once at the wedding, I left feeling like I'd known them for a very long time. And that's a very good feeling.
It made me feel like definitely, soon, this place will be home. Plans were made and we got into a cab feeling jolly, and in my case, rather wobbly.

We tumbled in the door (well I did, Mick was sober) at 3am and collapsed into bed while I rambled on about God knows what and finally fell into a spiny sleep.

Yesterday I woke up with quite the hangover, but after some water and toast, I started to become myself again. Mick and I had a quiet day of watching films and Friends while house sitting for his dad, and my sister in law stopped by in the afternoon for a visit. Today is another quiet, lazy day. We all need those :)

Have some photos. And a lovely Sunday!



No comments:

Post a Comment