"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Looking forward

I know I've asked you to be patient with the lull in events over here. I have the feeling it's that calm before the storm that we are all so familiar with. I've been learning as I've grown up that life just keeps getting busier- gone are the days of after school snacks and cartoons being your biggest concern. Now that the wedding is done, I feel the gogogo of life beckoning me. Thursday I go to my interview for my national insurance number and if all goes well, I'll soon have my own number. And then it will be time for applications and interviews and resumes (ugh, stressful things!). Then we'll be saving and hunting for a place of our own, furniture hunting, rent paying, and I'll start driving lessons and looking for a car. And then life will be in full swing and babies will be planned (that's a fast forward) and on and on and on! So I guess I should savour days like today, where I'm free to hang out on the sofa with a can of Diet Coke and a stack of Christmas cards to add messages, signatures and addresses to while watching Gilmore Girls, snuggled under the quilt my mom gave me for graduation.

Leaving you with some snaps, as always!

2 comments:

  1. the disclaimer '(that's a fast forward) made me laugh :) feeling similar to you right now, times are a' changing and sometimes it's scary

    ReplyDelete