"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Monday, November 7, 2011

News!

Good news! My visa arrived this morning, so now I can go job hunting! Not sure what I'll find but hopefully something good will come along in this yucky economy! Cross your fingers and say some prayers that I find something quickly!
I promise to write a good lengthy post soon!
Here are a few photos from the weekend :) happy Monday!
-----
Okay, been a few hours and I've found more info out. In looking at job applications today I realised that I need a national insurance number. I think this is like a social security number? Just because I've been granted a visa doesn't mean I'm automatically given a national insurance number. Sooo I called the border agency and they told me who to get in contact with. Apparently I have to go to an interview to get this number? So I have an appointment next week to go do this. I'm hoping it's just a formality to show them my papers and Residency Permit to prove that I moved here legally. I'm not too worried, it's just another of the many steps I've had to take to live here. I just wish I had known about it earlier I guess??? Oh well, we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment