"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, June 12, 2011

Sunday Quotes

I'm going to start a new routine for Sundays on my blog. I think I'll start posting some of my favorite quotes. I definitely have a thing for quotes. Sometimes when I'm down, I'll find a book or a website that lists them and just click on random topics. I like seeing things from the minds of other people, especially the brilliant minds of the past century.
So, here's the first quote.

"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."
-Douglas Adams



Interesting, isn't it? This quote really makes me think, especially when you consider my current situation. If I  walked up to Little Aindrea eighteen years ago, knelt down in front of her, looked into those big brown eyes and said "you're going to meet a boy from a place called England. You're going to fall in love with him, move away with him and marry him and live happily ever after," I'd have looked at myself like I was crazy. I would have said "what are you talking about? I'm going to become marine biologist and swim with killer whales and never leave my mommy's side. I'm going to live in California, always close to my brother and sister and grandparents."
Ohhh, little did I know! I eventually learned that being a marine biologist would require me to scuba dive at least once in my life, and being a bit of a thalassophobic (someone who fears the ocean), this would prove to be difficult. Also, I didn't stay in California. I moved to Arizona with my mom and dad, leaving the rest of my family behind.
But I really do believe that everything happens for a reason. Now, when I don't get my way and I'm sulking about that and people tell me "oh it all happens for a reason," I'm bound to scoff at that. But in the end, years later, I will admit that it was probably true.
So for some reason it has all happened. Planets aligned, and here I am. Not where I intended to be in the beginning, but where I'm meant to be. Moving onwards and upwards. Meeting my destiny face on.

***                                     

It is my last night in my parents house, and yet it is so typical of any other day. My mom taking a nap on the couch, and my dad is watching television in his recliner. Mick sits next to me working on his website and playing games on his phone. It is another day, not unusual in anyway, and yet it is a milestone. So strange, and so typical at the same time. Tonight will be my last night sleeping in the bed I've had since I was eleven years old.
Goodbye, Yuma. It's been real.

No comments:

Post a Comment