"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My Last Day

It's weird to say it- this is my last night living in America. To be honest, it still hasn't sunk in. Tomorrow my dad is taking me and Mick to the airport at noon. Mom is going to stay here because there won't be enough room for all of us and the luggage in the car.
It's been a surreal day. A nice day, but still very surreal. I can't get over how normal everything seems. This is the biggest thing I've ever done in my life, the biggest thing I'll probably ever do. I keep expecting to feel something huge. All I feel is a bit of excitement tingled in with some sadness. It just doesn't seem...real. It seems like I'm leaving for England, but just for another trip. Not a move. Oh well, I guess it'll hit me soon enough.

Here is how I spent my last day in the good ole' US of A.
8:40am- Wake up and have breakfast in the living room while my mom, dad, niece, Mick, brother in law and I all hang out.
9:00am- decide to take a shower. Check my text messages and see that my best friend has asked me to come see her while she babysits so we can spend a bit of time together. Reply, yes. Shower, dry hair, do make up, throw in some laundry.
11:00am- Head up the highway with Mick to visit my friend. The kid is sleeping when we get there so we hang out and talk.
11:30am- Mick and I go to Subway and get lunch for the three of us, take it back to the house, talk and eat with Tabatha while the kid plays around the house.
1:30pm- Head back to my sister's house. Mick and I have accumulated souvenirs from our road trip last week, so we needed to shift some things in suitcases and reorganize. We spend some time doing this, completely unpack and repack all my suitcases. A few minor adjustments to Mick's as well.
3:00pm- Cool down after all the packing. My niece wakes up from a long nap, we hang out with the dog on the couch.
3:30pm- My sister gets home from work and cleans up while I watch Friends with dad.
4:30pm- My mom, sister and I head out to see Bridesmaids.
7:00pm- We get out of the movie, grab some dinner to take back to the house.
8:00pm- Eat dinner. I hunt for travel insurance online while Mom, sister, Mick and niece play Candyland.
Now we're all just hanging out watching a movie. Dad is going to bed and the rest of us are just getting some last minute time out of the night.
I'll update once we've gotten to England.

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way with having Reese, I kept waiting for this big shift in the way I felt, but it never came. We just accepted this new normal. I think that's how you know its a good decision... it just happens and becomes your life. Same travels tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete