"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, June 19, 2011

Sunday Quotes and Engagement Party!

First off, Happy Father's Day to my wonderful, wonderful dad! I love you so much and I'm really glad we got to spend the day together before I leave for England!
We had a really nice day, starting with brunch at a deli. I had a real pang of sadness watching my niece sing her favorite song, The Ants Go Marching (which just so happens to be my favorite childhood song, too) at the table. I teared up pretty bad and Mick and my brother noticed. I, gracious as always, shoved my face in my napkin and tried to regain composure. It was just so adorable and pure the way she was singing and it hit me how much I'm going to miss her. Then we came back to my sister's house and played Apples to Apples and hung out around the house. My brother and his wife left to go back to San Diego. Saying goodbye to my brother was really hard. All in all, it was a sad morning and Mick was constantly checking on me, attentive like he always is. I finally had to tell him I wasn't going to break so he could relax. I perked up a great deal when we went to the park to meet more family and friends and had a potluck. We sat in the sun, ate leftovers from the party last night, played football (our kind) and football (Mick's kind). It took Mick a while to get the hang of catching a football (our kind) because he's never done it before, but he did alright with throwing it. We hugged everybody goodbye and came back to my sister's again. She, my brother in law, Mick and I all got in the hot tub and cooked thoroughly.
That was our lovely Father's Day :)
Going with the trend of Father's Day, today's Sunday quotes are dedicated to my dad.

"There's something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter, and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in your hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."
~John Gregory Brown

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it."
~Clarence Budington Kelland




Yesterday was the engagement party! My mom and sister went way out of their way to give me and Mick a special night! Enjoy some pictures :)



Beautiful tables!
Breadbasket Cake! I saw a wedding cake that had the flags from the bride and groom's countries of birth, so I thought it would be cute!

My sister made the centerpieces
We clean up nice :D
My gorgeous shoes! I didn't last long at all in them, though!
The Wishing Tree. Guests were to write down their wishes or some advice to hang on the tree my sister put together for us

No comments:

Post a Comment