"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Monday, August 1, 2011

Just to catch you up...

Hey, everybody! Hope you all had a great weekend.

Just a quick rundown of what's been going on with the soon-to-be Mr. and Mrs. White. Friday we went into Chichester. It's the nearest big town, technically it's a city because there's a cathedral there, which is apparently the criteria for a city in England. It's got some really cool old buildings, the cathedral, and the Cross, which is in the center of the 4 main streets. Looksie.


Haaanyway. We took the bus in where we sat behind a man who seemed to be conjuring spiders because there were at least three crawling all over him. Mick and I are both hardcore arachnophobics (he's worse than me, to be honest) so we kept a very close eye on the man and his little leggy friends. We visited a few shops in town, including the bridal store where I got my dress. I picked out some shoes to wear with my dress while Mick waited "patiently" for 40 minutes. We then met his mum for lunch. She headed back to work and we walked down to the cinema to see Harry Potter. I'd been waiting for weeks and was so excited to see it. However, when we got to the box office and told the girl the time we wanted to see it, she seemed confused. Apparently the showtimes Mick saw when he checked the day before weren't for Friday. We couldn't get the next show either because Mick's mum would be off work before then and we had to go to Kent that night. I'm not too ashamed to admit that I threw a contained, vertical tantrum that all 2 year olds should aspire to. Instead, we went to the pool hall and played a few games. I actually beat him once. Then we just wandered around for a bit and Mick bought me a new pair of awesome headphones. Then we hit the road for Kent.

Saturday, we walked down the the pub and had a fry up together. Then we went to Bluewater (see this entry if you don't remember Bluewater) and registered for wedding gifts at John Lewis, which is a nice department store. At first Mick wasn't really into the process, but eventually he was taking the scanner away from me to register for things. We signed up for some really nice stuff, but I'm most excited for the Vera Wang China.

image from artedona.com
After we got back to the house, some of Mick's mum's friends came over for dinner. I had too much wine and a nice headache to accompany the wobbles when I got into bed.

Sunday we went out to lunch with Mick's grandad. His birthday was last weekend and we weren't in Kent so we had a belated celebration at the Chef & Brewer Pub in Wateringbury. It's pretty old looking and has all kinds of wooden beams inside.
image from bmwccgbforum.co.uk  
Then, we headed back to Bluewater to see Harry Potter finally! And on July 31st, which my nerdular inclined friends will know, is Harry's birthday. England is weird, though, in that they actually have assigned seating at some of the cinemas. For a movie. So even though we got there when there were still lots of empty seats... the only tickets available were for the third row on the far left side. Even though Mick wasn't thrilled (not that he was thrilled to see the movie in the first place...), he felt really bad and didn't want me to have to miss the movie twice, so we went for it. It wasn't all that bad, really. I guess I was pretty underwhelmed with the film. I mean, they did it well, but movies are never as good if you've already read the book, and I didn't want it all to end. After it let out, we were going up the escalator to exit the cinema. I was on the step below Mick and rested my face against his arm and he looked down to see me pouting.
"What?" He asked.
"It's over."

Then we got up at 5:30 this morning to come back to Bognor with Mick's mum before she had to go to work. And when we were getting out of bed there was a pigeon outside the bedroom window cooing. Except the way it cooed made it sound like it was saying "wooooooooohooooooooooo!" which made me laugh.

And now here's another week. And in 4 weeks my parents will be here! Yay!

Tomorrow we have to go to Crawley to do the banns of marriage, which I already told you about but in case you forgot...



Have a good Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment