"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Monday, August 15, 2011

Hen Night: 4 Girls, 1 Camera, and lots of booze

It's Monday now and I'm finally caught up on all the sleep I lost partying the night away on Saturday at my Hen Night. My soon-to-be sister-in-law (how many hyphens?!) arranged such a great night and I can't thank her enough.
Laura came to the house in Kent where we visited while she did my hair, then we did our makeup together.
The night started at Black Rock, a really cool restaurant in Maidstone where your steak or fish or whatever is served to you on a volcanic rock on a plate, still cooking. When you decide it's cooked enough to your liking, you dig in!


Mick's mum and her good friend, Lin, joined us girls for dinner

My steak cooking on a rock! It was a 400 degree rock!

For some reason Karen's husband, Andy, got stuck in a picture with us. He came to take Karen and Lin home.
First place we hit was Strawberry Moons. A very fun decorated club with too-loud music and annoying drunk men, all of which were obsessed with stealing or destroying my pink headband. Which they succeeded in doing.



I didn't realize he had bitten it until I saw this picture

All that remained of my headband :(
See the balloon? It was tied to my wrist haha.
Aimee, Laura, Heidi and me










 We walked down the street after Strawberry Moons and went to Muggletons, a pub where we drank blue drinks and I made good use of the shotglass around my neck.



Blue drinks make for blue tongues!
Laura brought dare cards. This one was really hard- see the struggle on my face?

Blue Tongue Club :D


Next we headed to Chocolate Bar (which got me excited because I thought they'd actually have chocolate...) where we danced for ages and made friends with boys.





I was trying to do that dance where your arms hang....

Strange dance moves...



After several hours of dancing at talking and drinking, we decided to call it a night at 4:30am. Then Laura realized we didn't have a key... so I had to call Mick and wake him up, which was not well received. He put a key under the mat for us. We took a cab home and crawled into bed at 5am. I slept restlessly and feeling less than fantastic for about 5 hours before it was time to get up and start the day!

All in all, it was a very enjoyable night that I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment