"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why I Love my Brother

Exhibit A:
Yesterday we were talking on the phone for the first time since I moved out here. I told him I'd lost 6 pounds and he asks, "How many stones is that?" (In England it's typical to state your weight in stones. Each stone is 14 pounds. So if you weigh 140lbs, you're 14 stone.)
"That's about half a stone."
He chuckles. "I like stones. They make me giggle."
"Well that's good, because you've probably got about 12 or 13 of your own."
We then begin discussing his weight and what he would be in stones. The line goes quiet. I'm using Skype on my phone, so I wonder if the call has been dropped.
"You there?" I ask, stepping to the left, then right.
"Yeah, I'm just thinking about my stones."
And I laughed a big hearty laugh.

I love that no matter the distance, your family still does the things they always did. My mom helps me in so many ways, my dad makes me feel safe even if we just talk for a few minutes. I haven't gotten to talk to my sister yet, but hopefully soon, and my brother makes me laugh with his silliness.

Miss you, Ryan!

With my brother on my 21st Birthday. What a fun night!


----

In a couple hours Mick and I are catching the train up to London. We're meeting the Best Man, Rich, for dinner, then Mick and I are going to an event for pro-choice smoking stuff. We'll be on a Mississippi River Boat on the Thames, so I should have some cool pictures for you the next time I update. We also get to dress up, which is fun.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment