"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Saturday, July 9, 2011

Laughing at this post is prohibited

So much news in just a couple of days! Since the wedding was booked, my mom and dad went ahead and purchased their tickets to fly out here. I'm very excited that they are coming! So now wedding plans are in swing and today Mick's mum is taking me to look at wedding dresses. I'd like to get flowers and a cake sorted when we are in Kent next weekend. We're looking for a venue to hold the dinner/mini reception thing.

Yesterday was a very odd day. During the night my upper lip swelled up to enormous and comical proportions. I could feel how huge it was and Mick said I didn't even look like myself. I gathered the courage to get up out of bed and look at it. It was no longer all that comical, because I was freaking out. We aren't sure what caused it, but considering the fact that I've had some hives and swelling in the recent past, I'm not shocked. Bemused, but not shocked. It is against my better judgement that I share the following picture. I know I can't control it either way, but please. Please don't laugh. It was actually painful from being so swollen. It felt like my skin was being stretched and could tear. I'm sure it wouldn't have, but it felt like it.
We went to the doctor and he basically was no help. At all. It went down throughout the day and when I woke up this morning it was pretty much normal.
A sweet little girl.

Yesterday evening we drove to the charming village of Ditchling near Brighton to look at the bunny rabbits. We've decided to get two so that one won't get lonely. We decided on the little snuggles to the left.

A cute little boy.

We're going to have the boy fixed once they are old enough to, ahem. Be like rabbits, if you catch my drift. That way we won't have billions. We looked into getting two boys or two girls but apparently they fight. The best match is a brother and sister with one fixed. So that's what we're doing. They will be ready to come home with us in a couple weeks. We're thinking of Harley for the boy and Truffle for the girl.

After the rabbits we had dinner in a restaurant on the waterfront. It made me want seafood. So I had a whole sea bass with the head and eyes and everything. Never done that before.

Today we're going into Chichester, a town I really love to get some things done and check out dresses as I mentioned. We're also going to play snooker (learn more here). Tonight we are meeting some friends of Karen and Andy's (Mick's mum and step-dad) and having dinner with them.

Okay, time to hop in the shower and get this day rolling. Have a great weekend everybody.

Dead fish on a plate. Clearly.

5 comments:

  1. What's up Andelina Mulie?!? Hahahaha. Some people pay thousands for lips like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing! My lips swell like that when I get coldsores! It's the worst! Very painful and you feel hideous! I hope you find out what is causing it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever, Ryan. I would have paid NOT to look like it! In fact, I did, at the doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! Pancakes has rabbits in her family now! She is soooo excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bunnies are so cute! Are those the two you're getting? I wonder if you got stung or bitten by something in the night, and were allergic to it? Either way, ouch. Love your brother's comment though. ;)

    ReplyDelete