"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mick and Pepsi and wiggly noses, these are a few of my favorite things!

Sorry for the lack of interesting posts lately. To be honest, not much is going on really. Wedding planning is dwindling down because most of it is taken care of, just a few finishing touches to take care of- fittings, pay the flower deposit, book a photographer, burn the disc for the ceremony music. Stuff like that.

We got two beautiful days of warm golden sunshine and blue skies. Today I got out of bed to pull open the curtains and find another grey sky. I don't mind this so much. It's nice for a change to not know what the weather will be like. It's more fun than knowing it's going to be hot. Then hot. And hot again. And oh, my! Hot once more! It breaks up the monotony.

The other day, Mick's mum made me feel great about all the hard work I've been doing with calorie counting and exercising. Mick and I had gone out to get hay for Harley and Truffles and when we got back she said hello and looked me up and down while talking and stopped herself mid-sentence and said, "you've lost weight!" I think that is vital in working on losing weight or just getting in better shape. When people start noticing the differences in your body and compliment you on it, it makes you work even harder. You feel like it's paying off and you want it more. I've been using a website to track my calories eaten and burned through exercise. If you're interested, check it out. It's called Shapeup Club.

We're having fun with the bunbuns. Each day Harley comes out of his shell a little bit more. Last night we put the blanket on the bed and watched a movie while they played around, jumping in the air and twisting (which is happy bunny body language) and eating carrot tops. Harley was peeking over the edge of the bed and slipped off. At first all he would do was hide behind a pillow. I'm happy to see that he's getting braver! Truffles is doing great. They're both starting to know who we are, I think. When we go up to the cage they come over to see us. I think it's mostly because we've been feeding them veggies by hand a lot so they think we have treats. Here are a couple videos I thought you'd like of them eating treats!







I think spinach is definitely their favorite, though the carrot tops are more fun to watch them eat. It's like Lady and the Tramp with the pasta. I should edit some romantic Italian music into the background of the second video.

Harley going to town on carrot tops. Oddly, they don't seem interested in the actual carrot just yet.
Oh, Truffles. You even eat with attitude.


And lastly, here are two of my favorite things.
Mick and Diet Pepsi <3
I need to kick myself in gear and get on the elliptical machine for 35 minutes. But I feel so lazy today...

No comments:

Post a Comment