"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Transitions

Winter creeps in so slowly that you don't even notice it. I check my phone weather forecast and each week the first digit in temperatures drops. It's only in the 40s now, due to be 30s next week. I know that's not as cold as a lot of the places you folks live, but I've been told the cold in England is different, and I have to take people's words for it, having spent exactly no time in cold climes before. Apparently it's the damp that does it here. It gets in your bones. Or so I'm told.
So, as winter presses her nose against the window, peering in and preparing herself to settle in heavily, Mick and I prepare for something as well. It's time to dip our toes into apartment hunting. We've looked at one place, but for our reasons we've decided to keep looking elsewhere, even though we really liked it. Nothing serious yet, no paperwork has been filled out, we're just collecting out data, looking online, and planning to go look. And, oh, is it exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment