"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas


Merry Christmas to you all! I hope you have a wonderful day full of family, happiness, good food and good times. It's been a quiet but very lovely day here so far. We ate bagels with cream cheese and salmon with mimosas for breakfast and opened out presents with Mick's mom and his stepdad. I am astounded at the generosity these people have shown to me. I received such wonderful gifts that were unnecessary but so appreciated. We are about to eat our big Christmas dinner, then it's off to visit Grampy and then spend the evening with my sister in law, her boyfriend, and pops in law.

I was able to speak to all my family members last night. They are all celebrating at my parent's house in Yuma. I really wish Mick and I could be there, but I've managed from being too bummed. Next year will be here before we know it. I will also speak to my family again tonight, but until then I'm going to dedicate this little song to them, courtesy of Judy Garland.




Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Let your heart be light,
Next year all our troubles will be
out of sight

Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yule-tide gay
Next year all our troubles will be
miles away

Once again as in olden days
Happy golden days of yore
Faithful friends who were near to us
Will be dear to us once more

Someday soon, we all will be together
If the Fates allow
Until then, we'll have to muddle through somehow
So have yourself a merry little Christmas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment