"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Saturday, September 3, 2011

We did it!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to reassure you once again that I have not forgotten this blog. The weeks leading up to a wedding are the most insane weeks of a woman's life (until she has children, I'm guessing!) and for me, it's no exception!

My parents have been here since Sunday and we've been doing our best to show them a good time and get in some sights. Yesterday was, of course, the wedding. It was a fantastically sunny September day and rather warm- especially in yards and yards of fabric! The ceremony is a blur, but what I do remember was great and nobody cried or passed out. The reception was beautiful and the flowers smelled like heaven. The only thing missing was the rest of my family and friends back home- especially my brother and sister and their families. There are so many people I wish could have been there to share in the beauty and joy of the day, but I promise to share lots of pictures as soon as I get them.

I will give a more thorough entry on the day once things have slowed down a bit-- we have more family things to do today and quite frankly, I'm going to need a few days to recover.


Signing off, for the first time as Mrs. Aindrea White! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment