"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, April 7, 2013

A Spontaneous Saturday Outing

Yesterday morning, Mick wanted to go out to breakfast. I was happy to do this, as we rarely get to do things like this, but then I remembered I had ordered the groceries to be delivered less than an hour after we got up.

I had a grouchy husband. We racked our brains for ideas of what to do for the day, and finally decided on a visit to Greenwich, a trendy village in South East London. I've been there once before, but it was a Monday and the thriving market was closed. Saturdays, it's in full swing. We arranged to meet Mick's BFF at the market after lunch at Gourmet Burger Kitchen. We spent an hour wandering around the village, then headed to the large park at Greenwich to enjoy a rare sunny day (it was sunny today, too. Could spring have finally sprung?!)

Sunshine and daffodils at the royal observatory, a bustling market, and a new ring from a vendor for me.









No comments:

Post a Comment