"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, December 15, 2013

Let's try this again...

Somehow I've allowed another 6 months to go by without visiting this blog. I really do want to keep this space alive, and so let's try this again. 

To get back in the swing of things, let me recap what's happened over the last few months...

April: one morning Mick and I woke up and spontaneously decided we had to get a kitten. 

Enter Hugo. 


We are so lucky that the random litter of kittens we found on Craigslist ended up being the sweetest kittens ever, and while Hugo is definitely mischievous, he's lovely and isn't destructive at all. Excepts when it comes to chewing on the bows of our Christmas presents under the tree, but that's a recent development. 


Now he's all growed up. 

June: we actually had summer weather this year, and I was fortunate enough to be taken to Berlin for a weekend with my work. It's a beautiful city and we were all very spoiled by our managing director. 

July: Mick's sister got married on the hottest day of the year in the ancient church in our village. The reception was beautiful and it was a very happy day. 

August: I somehow turned 27. This was made much easier by the amazing day Mick prepared for me. All I knew was that we were going to London. 


The day started with drinks at the top of the Gherkin, a delicious lunch, and a trip to a spa where fish ate my feet. 


We ended the day with dinner in Covent Garden then headed back to where we parked the car near Trafalgar Square. We were walking past various theatres and Mick pointed out the one showing The Bodyguard. "Don't you want to see that?" He asked, pointing at the marquee. "Yes!" I replied. "Oh good," he said, "because we have tickets for tonight." I couldn't believe it. It was the best birthday ever. 

September: we celebrated two years of marriage. I don't know where the time has gone! It was also Mick's birthday and I treated him to a day at the zoo, a picnic and dinner and a movie in the fancy gallery seating. 


October: we enjoyed seeing Russell Brand and Jake Bugg both at various venues in London. 



That's pretty much it. Now we are just getting ready for Christmas and waiting for the day after when my mom arrives for a 10 day visit. I'm very ready for Christmas!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment