"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Monday, January 23, 2012

patience...

I'm guilty of neglecting this blog in recent weeks. I'm not sure what it is, perhaps it's that January down fall of excitement - Christmas has ended, junk food needs to be avoided, and it's a new, daunting year. Or perhaps it's just that not a whole lot is happening, which is more than true. My weeks are full of pouring drinks and serving food and running around the pub. My evenings consist of eating dinner (half of the time I'm not even sure what we're eating, my memory is just so glazed), finding something to watch on tv with the husband.
Speaking of the husband, he got his driving license last week and so we've been out and about a lot lately. Out with friends, a date night, shopping for things we need for the apartment.
Ah yes, the apartment! In one of my last entries from almost two weeks ago (!) I mentioned that we'd paid a holding fee while they do our referencing. I bet you're wondering if we're living in the apartment now, amongst a slew of boxes and slowly, but surely, getting ourselves settled. Well, you're wrong. They only just completed our referencing today, due to slow-movement on both the real estate company and the referencing people. We still don't know when we are signing the contracts and moving in, but we're getting pretty frustrated. We're supposed to find out today... but we will see. I hope to have some news for you all tomorrow.

In other news- I was able to secure tickets (via ebay) for the sold out Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers concert in London in June. Have I mentioned they're my favorite band of all time ever since I was 8? Well they are. And I get to see them (for my second time) on their first European tour in twenty years. Yay!
Have some photos.

A butcher block chopping board and a granite mortar & pestle for the apartment's beautiful kitchen

A dog desperately trying to get me to feed her a chocolate muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment