"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mostly Moved In

Last time I wrote, we were still waiting to find out if we were getting the flat we fell in love with. A week later, we are all moved in. Well, mostly moved in. All the big furniture and majority of the niknaks are here. All the books and DVDs. Kitchen stuff is here. All we need to finish are little bits here and there and most of our clothes.
The apartment looks great, apart from the piles of boxes and unfinished little tasks. Oh, and we don't have hot water and the washing machine is broken. I actually used hot water from the kettle and pots warmed on the stove and added it to cold water from the tub so Mick and I could bathe tonight. Hopefully this will all be fixed this week because the maintenance guy should be around. Pictures and shelves and clocks still need to go up, but the kitchen is in full working order, minus a toaster. Waiting for Internet and stuff, which should hopefully happen this week. It's all coming along at a good speed, and we are so happy to have our first home together! Here are some snaps I've taken. It all looks different already but I'll post more.
Sorry if I seem a bit too enthusiastic- I know we are only renting, but I've never had anything like this of my own before. Or a husband to share it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment