"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Up, up and away!

I've been "blogging" since before "blogging" was "blogging," but at a personal location over at opendiary.com. Now, however, since my life has begun to take some form of interesting, I decided to take it public. And global, seeing as how my life is now being extended into the global scene.
Numbers and days- this is what my life is driven by. Let's look at some of these numbers and days in the past few years and how they've brought me to today. Just the highlights mind you.
Spring 2004- Mick and I began speaking in a web forum.
Summer 2006- I bought a ticket to go see him in England.
November 2006- That all fell through.
October 29, 2010- Mick sent me a letter basically bringing everything back.
June 24, 2010- I flew to England and met Mick for the first time. What was meant to be a two week trip became a one month dream.
July 25- December 19, 2010- We spent a very difficult 5 months apart.
January 5, 2011- Mick came back with me to spend 6 months in America.
April 27, 2011- Mick asked me to marry him. I said yes.
May 17, 2011- My marriage visa was issued.

And that pretty much brings you up to speed. You'll learn more about Mick in the entries to come, and how we came to be. So here we are, engaged, in love, and 28 days from moving to England to start our lives. Twenty eight days. In twenty eight days I am moving to another country across the ocean, completely removed from everything I know and the people I hold most dear. I'm elated. I'm excited. I'm terrified and I'm sad. But mostly, I'm enthralled.

So this will by my place to come and deal with anything and everything. The trials and tribulations of fitting nearly 25 years into 3 suitcases, saying goodbye to my family, my spiritual spine. It will be where I come to vent my frustrations about being a newcomer in a country and learning the ins and outs. It will be where I tell you all about the life my other half and I will build.

I hope you're ready for an adventure, because I sure am.

No comments:

Post a Comment