"I tell you: one must have chaos within oneself, to give birth to a dancing star."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra

"Be still when you have nothing to say; when genuine passion moves you, say what you’ve got to say, and say it hot."
-D.H. Lawrence


Tuesday, January 19, 2016

New Years Ramblings/Catch Up

Excuse the planned absence. I know I had only just started getting the blog going again, but I took a conscious step away from my writing projects when I went to America for Thanksgiving, and then Christmas took over and now it's mid-Juanuary, and how the hell did that happen? Distractions are now minimal, so the writing can resume.

Speaking of my trip to California for Thanksgiving, it was wonderful. 10 days seemed to stretch into what felt like weeks and I soaked up my adorable niece and nephew, memorized their curls and porcelain cheeks to carry with me until I see them again. I filled up on my mom and dad, as much as one can in limited time until their trip here in September (yay!) And I shared laughs with my best friend and siblings to keep me going. I don't get to see them as much as I want to, so I try to make sure that the time I am with them is a nice combination of memory making activities (dress shopping with my mom and sister, a breathtaking hike with my brother, a trip to Magic Mountain with he and my dad) as well as lazy days playing games, eating mom's cooking and just talking.

It might sound odd, but I look at time with my family as "refueling time." I fill up on them as much as I can and take it with me back to England. Beyond that, I see myself as two people: England Aindrea and America Aindrea. I am much the same person, although in America I'm a little younger, a little more carefree - and I think that's a result of the people that surround me there; my tribe. So not only do I fill up on my family, I fill up on America Aindrea, and try to bring her back to balance out England Aindrea - a little more stressed and frazzled but very happy, working hard to become the best version of myself, and getting closer than ever before.

2015 was a great year. So many wonderful things happened for me/us. We got to start the year with my family in California before returning to England. A few months later we bought and moved into our first real home, which has proven to be a lot of work but such a joy. We also traveled to Paris and had some really good experiences. And for me, it was amazing to end the year in California for Thanksgiving - something I've wanted to do since I moved away (Thanksgiving should be a thing everywhere!)
But 2016 should be something to remember too. I'm continuing on my fitness journey which started in May, thanks to my husband encouraging me to join him in his workouts. In November, this intensified as I consulted a nutritionist and I feel fantastic. I'm over 30lbs down and counting. I'm still working on this, as well focusing on my writing and creative pursuits.

This year, I intend to surround myself with music and positivity, coffee and love, personal growth and achievement. 



In March my brother is coming to visit and we'll be traveling to Ireland for a few days together, something we are both very excited to do for our first time together. In August, Mick and I are traveling to the West Country for our 5th anniversary to stay in a cabin on a lake. The next week my parents arrive for a long overdue visit. And in January, my sister and her family should hopefully come for a visit too. I can't wait to open our home to my family and share time and make more memories with them, show them this beautiful country and the life we are making here.

Here's to a productive and satisfying, memorable year for everyone. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment